Sunday, January 30, 2011

All Star Game Formats

Welcome, what is up? Spedmunds' sports corner has a hot new issue that your about to find out about. Now i know in my last post i said I'd post tonight about the NBA and whats going on there. Unfortunately there will be a change of plans. Something this week sparked me to go into a rant when i was talking to my brother, and i figure why not make it my next post?

So, i was on ESPN.com this week, and saw the NBA all star team starters were announced. Cool i thought, i checked it out. Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, ya know, the usual guys who should start. Then, the last name on the list. the starting Center for the Western Conference. Yao Ming. Now, if Yao Ming was ACTUALLY PLAYING i wouldn't have cared. But he has not at all this year, and played little last year. These All Star games, the ones that the fans vote for i mean, are getting out of hand. Not just the NBA, but the MLB as well.

I'm not going to BullS**t here, i don't know all that much about the NBA, sure the basic rules, the star players, and the players on my NBA 2K11 game. I don't follow the NBA as closely as Baseball or Football. But i am 100% sure there are many other players who should get the all star start on their resume, over Yao. Just like the MLB, when Derek Jeter gets a start at Shortstop for the American League, when he is not the best SS at the time that year. Nothing irks me more than All Star games becoming a popularity contest.

In my own personal opinion, All Star games should not be in the hands of the fans watching. Instead, i believe every player and coach should be able to vote for who they think the starters/backups should be. I feel that they would know best as to who is the best at the time. I know that doing so would take some power and interest out of the fan's hands, but it would be best to make All Star Games fair and balanced.

That will do it for this week's Sports Corner. I know it was short, compared to my previous ones, it was just something i had to get off my chest. Thanks for putting up with my rant. Whats in store for next week? Tune in next Sunday night to find out!

You Stay Uber Sweet BuhStudios Fans


YA JERKS

No comments:

Post a Comment